August 10, 2010

Thinking about the Fall

Is anyone starting to think about fall clothes yet? I know, it’s only August, but at our house we’re already getting lots of catalogs in the mail showcasing the newest fall trends. I don’t know about you, but when they arrive in the mail, I start to feel the same thing I feel on Sundays, like around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Does anyone know what I mean? That acknowledgement of a weekend ending, or a lovely summer starting to wind down, and it’s time once again to think about getting serious.


Thankfully, fashion is always fun, and we get to see what the designers have come up with for the fall. I’ve seen so much texture in outfits- and I love monochromatic ones that can be easily personalized- as your outfit can be used as the canvas on which to accessorize as you wish-shawls and wraps, Italian scarves, Italian leather handbags, costume jewelry- it’s all good.

Today I was out to lunch with some very dear friends – and we all agreed that the fashion police are gone for good. Phew! So anyone who was worried about wearing the wrong thing can just forget about it. Just feel good about your choices. And make a style for yourself, at any age.

                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment